Who we are?
The Scandinavian Society for Biomaterials (ScSB) was founded as a non-profit organization in May 2008. The main focus of our activities are centered on organizing annual Biomaterials meetings in Scandinavian, Nordic and Baltic states, and thereby promoting cross-fertilization of Biomaterials research in these regions. In addition to academic researchers, ScSB regards students and industry as very important members of the society.
statues & bylaws:
- To encourage progress in the field of Biomaterials in all aspects, including research, teaching, and clinical applications;
- To promote the propagation of scientific information in the field of Biomaterials;
- To promote the interaction between the different disciplines of the field of Biomaterials as well as between basic research and applied practice;
- To co-operate with other scientific organizations, governmental and private
- To develop structured activities on issues involving Biomaterials;
- To stimulate the creation of research programs on Biomaterials primarily among member states and secondly on a wider international level.
To reach these goals, the following are promoted:
- The organization of an Annual Meeting at which members of the Society are encouraged to report on their research and development work;
- The organization and management of congresses, workshops, and advanced courses on special themes that have been suggested by the members;
- The promotion of young Biomaterials scientists active in member states at national and international levels;
- The setup of "ad hoc commissions" to address urgent problems in the area of Biomaterials.